Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's 2014, Let's Raise The Bar!

Google image.
It's a New Year...actually the month of January is almost gone but it's still a new year until we hit February 2014.  This is our Year of Greatness, our Year of Greater Glory!

My sincere apology to anyone following this blog that looked forward to my updates. I don't have much excuse apart from the fact that my Laptop, and my Tablet wouldn't work, I got a bit apprehensive buying another one. Please forgive me, I will try and do better.

I learned a lot from the Word of God in 2013 and I am excited about what God is going to do in 2014.  There are some things the Spirit of God laid upon my heart to focus on this year for my spiritual growth and maturity...you know, sort of raising the bar for myself.  Fellowshipping with God through prayer and His Word helps us to hear clearly when God speaks, understand His ways and make necessary adjustments as the Spirit leads.

Below are some of the things God impressed upon my heart for 2014:
1)  Spending more time with God, especially with His Word and also in worship.
2)  Speak the Word of God consistently over my life and over any situation.
3)  Give more.
4)  Don't to judge others, accept them, love them just like Jesus loves them.
5)  See good in people, things, places, situations, everything and speak positively no matter what.

Most importantly, this year I am focusing on the GRACE  OF GOD.  This is one of the reasons I will be spending more time with the Word of God because ...1 Peter 2: 2-3 says, "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue."  The more I know about Jesus, the more I am exposed to the grace of God and that is what my heart yearns for right now.  This is important if you want to reign in life, if you want to be a winner and put satan to shame.  Romans 5:17, "...those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ."

Let us let go and let God take us higher this year, let us raise the bar and more in fellowship with Jesus, He is all that we need.  God bless you and happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment