Tuesday, May 7, 2013

To Love Is A Decision!

As I continue to grow in Christ, I find myself seeing things differently. As we mature physically, God expects us to grow spiritually too, enhance our relationship with Him. He expects us to rise above the ordinary lip service and actually be about His Word.  The center point of our Christian life is LOVE and it has been a subject of great interest to me. "I John 4:8, He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."  If we are created in the image and likeness of God who is love, then we also are love-beings and God expects us to walk and live in love.  Romans 5:5, "... the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost."  This means, we all have the ability to love, and there's a Biblical description of love, click here to read it. 

See God told us in 1 Corinthians 13:13 that these there remain, faith, hope and love, the greatest being love. Love is the greatest commandment and the devil can't stand an atmosphere of love...1 John 4:18, "There is no fear in love, but perfect love cast out fear."  Now, we all wanna love..I know I do and it's not hard to love, but the flesh will try to fight you when you try to walk in love. The flesh will give you reasons why you should not, why it should be all about you first..but that is contrary to God's Word. You see, LOVE IS A DECISION! To love means to give yourself.  Faith receives, Hope expects, while Love gives.  Love is sacrifice! Jesus Christ gave Himself for us as a love sacrifice and He told us in John 13:34, "A new commandment i give you: 'Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.'"

 Love is that decision to forgive irrespective of how you feel, deciding not to think evil of others, a decision to believe in God, forgive yourself, a decision not to envy others, not to be prideful. Love is not easily provoked and endures all things.  To be honest with you, I am also a work in progress in some of the points mentioned 1 Corinthians 13.  I realize that I must try and be conscious of walking in love, it's not enough to just say I love you and I love God. We have to show it.  Jesus wasn't too excited about the experience He was going to undergo during the time of His death, but He still died for us and is alive today, Glory to God! Likewise, we may not feel like doing some of these things listed in 1 Corinthians 13, but we have to do it anyways. Besides, Jesus Himself said in John 14:21, "he who has My commandments and keep them, it is he who loves Me, and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."  I don't know about, you but I really would like Jesus to manifest Himself to me..(literally too).  We can do the love thing you know. Let's ask God to give us the ability to continuously walk in love everyday, despite any contrary situation.  God bless you in Jesus name.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty pleased to uncover this website. I wanted to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to see new stuff on your site. I though you should know, I bookmarked Blogger: Come, Let's Feed On The Word Of God.

    at Dzone so my friends will see it too. If you don't mind I would also reveal a suggestion. Buying good video marketing could possibly be very tough. I find it most worthwhile to talk with a a Bankruptcy Attorney San Diego. Our crew of Probate Lawyers San Diego are right here to help with all of your legal necessities.

    My site - Bankruptcy Lawyer San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lord Jesus for your Love

    ReplyDelete